jueves, agosto 24, 2006

my new language

i began catalan classes this week. catalan is the language of catalunya, this region of spain that i am living in. many of my friends actually perfer speaking catalan and change specifically to castellano (a foreign lang for some of them) so that we can communicate....weird, huh? i mean, i thought i was moving to spain. nope. i moved to catalunya. i love it. really. and think i will enjoy this new language. i am being reminded all over again just how hard and humbling learning another language is. not that i am totally fluent in castellano but i can at least have a conversation without blushing every five words...haha... here are some of my phrases that i have learned this week in catalan.. Em dic Eva. Sóc de Nashville i visc a Barcelona. Bona nit. (My name is Eva. I am from Nashville and I live in Barcelona. Good night.) haha..that is about it for now!...

2 comentarios:

A las 8/25/2006 08:35:00 p. m. , Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

ahh, language learning...some days are good. I think I understand. Other days, I understand nothing or end up telling people "Tengo hombre" instead of "Tengo hambre". Here is the only Spanish joke I understand:

Que hace un pez en agua? NADA!!

Casey

 
A las 8/31/2006 09:55:00 p. m. , Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

okay eva you are officially totally amazing! i cannot believe that you are learning catalan! that is so cool! i love it! talk to you soon friend!
leslie

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio