miércoles, enero 10, 2007

forgetful

i've been thinking a lot lately about the future and just how strange a thing it is. i like to think of myself as a pretty laid-back person but bring up the issue of what is comming and i convert into this insecure, fingernail-biting, coffee guzzling (ok, already am), stuttering being. it shouldn't suprise me...i ran in circles deciding which college would be my new home and paced for 9 months until i thought i would drive everyone around me nuts until finding myself on this side of the atlantic. and now 9 months before i am planned to cross back over the atlantic, i see myself in the same situation. i am so odd. and forgetful. when i have a still moment, and remember, i see the path that i've been on and who has guided me through it all. and i am thankful. i just need to remind myself of that each morning. because i am forgetful.

4 comentarios:

A las 1/10/2007 05:15:00 p. m. , Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

Eva- Good thoughts!! I worry about the future too. It is a good reminder our Father knows exactly what is good for us all the time.

And, when you come back over here, I will be glad that I can see you more!!

- Carri

 
A las 1/18/2007 10:21:00 p. m. , Blogger Rachel ha dicho...

Hi Eva! You probably don't remember me, but we used to go to Harpeth Heights together. I'm Rachel Pippin (my sister is Becca Pippin-- I'm sure you know her!). I don't go to HHBC anymore, but I ran into Greg Watkins the other day. I told him how I'm planning on majoring in Spanish in college, and he started talking about you and how you live in Barcelona and write children's books. Which pretty much sounds like the dream life. After college I want to join the Peace Corps and go to Latin America and just immerse myself in Latino culture, so what you're doing sounds so amazing to me. I'm really curious about your life there and what you did in college to prepare for it, so it would be really awesome if you could comment back and tell me about it. You can also e-mail me (be forewarned, though-- I almost never check it): rachelpippin@yahoo.com
Thanks!

 
A las 1/25/2007 01:19:00 a. m. , Blogger Jacey ha dicho...

hmm....9 mo. seems to be the key lingo here. what are you REALLY trying to say? ;) just kidding, i miss you eva, hope you have a good time at home, and hopefully (fingers crossed) we'll be having a cafe con leche together soon. buenas migas is calling my name!

 
A las 2/12/2007 02:52:00 a. m. , Blogger [blank]smith. ha dicho...

Live for the moment, friend... The future will come soon enough. It'd be a shame not to enjoy the last 9 months while trying to plan the following 9. :)

Then again, I'm sure you've told me that before! I'm just glad to know He has every step of ours planned, and knows every funky hair on our head, though yours are funkier than mine. :P

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio