miércoles, noviembre 23, 2005

mr. clean

i´m not sure when it happened. honestly. it is just that one day my existing here became living. Somewhere in the craziness, joy, adjustment and growth that has been the past several months of eva, it all just sort of transitioned. i began to notice that things that used to be different or uncomfortable for me suddenly became familiar and even welcome. i found myself craving jamon serrano for dinner and understanding the mumbled spanish of the old lady sitting behind me on the city bus. small things but significant. i also began noticing that little things that i assumed were strange and just too spanish for this struggling american girl were actually not that odd...for instance my ¨don limpio¨floor cleaner is none other than ¨mr clean¨ himself! the man on the corner under my bedroom window that won´t stop whistling is actually whistling dixie. i´m finding myself becoming more spanish or less american every week....or maybe just some odd mixture that makes me less of either. regardless, i´m comfortable with my life here. and that is enough for right now.

1 comentarios:

A las 11/25/2005 02:15:00 a. m. , Anonymous Anónimo ha dicho...

Eva,
It has been too long since I read your blog...your insight inspires me. As for hotel rawanda...we think alike...it is a story of hope in a somewhat hopeless world. As for me, I am in Nashville about to become an admin assistant for the Attorney General...I do not have a blog but I do have a myspace page and I'm on facebook. My myspace page is: www.myspace.com/reflectioninwater . Check it out. I miss you and wish we could get together and meet at starbucks or somewhere. I am living down the street from Cancun (your favorito mexican restaurant) and think of you and jim nachos everytime I'm at Kroger.

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio