martes, enero 17, 2006

what bricks teach me

today i drew bricks again for going on my second month. mmmm....interestingly enough i love it. we change little things every class period like perspective or angles or adding something to enhance the overall composition but basically i have been drawing bricks for two months. it is suprising what you can learn by drawing bricks...here are some examples... -our eyes can trick us -it is freeing to have a pencil in my hand -things always apear larger on the side closest to you -coffee goes well with a two hour drawing class -it is good to mark the dates on the paper of my drawing notebook. it is like a picture journal of my artistic journey. -it is ok to be messy. it is fun. it is alright to be wrong. it is just part of the process. -it is good to understand my perpective so that i can better understand what i am drawing. anyways i enjoy the opportunity to be in school again and learn more about something i have always had a passion for. i think these classes in a way help me understand things about myself. hmmm...that would be another post for another day though.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio